Being an Indian, you must visit Goa once in your lifetime. It was my first traveling experience to Goa, and I’ve enjoyed every bit of it. Here are the best places to visit in Goa.
Goa is popularly known for its beaches, goan food, the mesmerizing architectural monuments, Church, Cashew, flea market, and the cheap Alchohol. You can also check the famous churches in goa https://trekingo.com/top-10-churches-in-goa/
There is so much history here. Everything about this place, including the name itself, makes anyone get excited about a vacation. You need to know so much before you plan your itinerary for your trip to Goa, and this read might help you with this.
The first question you need to ask yourself is, can you bear the heat and humidity? Haha, surprisingly, yes, you need to ask this to yourself because the temperature is in Goa is hot and humid. It’s time you choose to visit, and your experience will differ from season to season. October to February’s weather is the ideal time to visit, as the Goa temperature varies from 21°C and 29°C. Goa weather is predictable, So; late monsoon season would work too. If you see this place in early October, you might be the first one to experience the calm before the storm, and by storm, I mean the vast holiday crowd who are about to set their foot in Goa.
It’s tricky planning ahead for any trip; it can take months to weeks or even days. If you are a group of 10 or more, then planning two weeks earlier is the best option, or if you are just 2 to 4 or less, it may take less time to arrange accommodations. You can find the best Goa hotels online or get their direct numbers and contact the property directly. You probably have a chance of availing some good discounts on your stay. But I’m here to give you the list of beaches to visit.
Beaches to Visit in South Goa.
1. Palolem Beach
Palolem is located around 69 km from Panaji, and from where we left, Bangalore to Goa is almost 560 km. You can either take a train or bus or even hire a rental car. It is a beautiful beach that I’ve come across; it is best and popularly known for its Nightlife and calm waters. The place has so much more to offer than what you expect, the calming sound of the waves with the spotless-crescent moon view, a long beach walk in the night with your loved ones trying to recall the old memories but unexpectedly making new ones. There are too many options to choose from for your breakfast until your dinner.
Now, here are some things you can do in Palolem
- It doesn’t matter what time you arrive at the beach; you probably will get to experience everything that it has to offer. But, first things first, do not miss out on the sunrise, the beautiful sight of the sun rising from the horizon, and the subtle golden light waking the sea up is such a beautiful experience, and it would melt all your worries away. The same goes with the sunsets and the best time to click all those beautiful pictures you want for your social sites.
- There are many options where you would want to eat here, and restaurants are lined up at the beach to offer you delicious meals with a view. But it would be best to try out the different types of seafood and the varieties of cocktails.
- You haven’t wholly tried everything if you haven’t done any activities or water sports in Goa. There are options in here too. Kayaking is a whole different experience altogether; kayaking with your friends at sunrise, sunset, or any time of the day amidst the ocean would bring so much joy and take all your stress away. Don’t forget to ask for a waterproof bag for your gadgets.
- Take a boat for a short trip to Butterfly beach or honeymoon beach, where you can have the beach literally to yourself as you might not spot many tourists here, and if you are lucky enough, you might also spot wild dolphins on the way.
- If you miss out on any essentials while packing, don’t you worry, Goa has it all covered. There are shops located at this beach, where you can shop for yourself or take souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
- If you are also looking to stay at the coast side of this beautiful beach, you can check the prices online pre-book or contact the properties for accommodation to soak up this as long as you stay. You would mostly find beach huts.
2. Patnem Beach
My favorite would be Patnem beach, as it has similar vibes as Palolem beach with the minimum crowd and calming experience. If you are already in Palolem beach, this should be a 20 – 30 minute walk as it’s just 3 km away. So, this beach has some suitable yoga retreats, which offer healthy food and living; if you are just here to heal yourself, this is the best place.
You can laze around and take long walks on the beach. The nightlife is not that happening, but you can occasionally enjoy some music events.
Like Palolem beach, this beach is lined with stores where you can shop around and have plenty of cafes and restaurants right at the beach. Okay, now you need to remember that you are in goa and you must try the traditional and famous Goan food. You would find similar activities here, such as boating and kayaking.
If you are looking to stay at the beach, there are many options to choose from, and the majority of the stays here are beach shacks or cabins. But the total experience would be worth every penny.
3. Colva Beach
Okay, If I compare the other beaches in south goa to this one, this probably might win. This beach has the perfect colors of Turquoise blue water as far as your eyesight reaches and marble-colored sand. This beach is packed, but you cannot blame it, as there are so many options and activities to do you can spend an entire day here without visiting other places. Probably an ideal destination for all your activities.
This beach is 42 km away from Palolem beach whereas; it is 35 km away from the location Panaji.
The food at one of these restaurants here was delicious. I would say this beach has more activities compared to other beaches in South Goa. Such as Motorboat rides, snorkeling, Banana boat ride, Speed boat riding, parasailing, paragliding, and much more. The place is packed, and that’s because of the activities. There are plenty of restaurants on the beachside and yes for shopping a lot of shops too.
4. Agonda Beach
This beach is 10 km away from Patnem beach and 71 km from Panaji. This beach is one of the best tourist attraction spots known for its beautiful beach and calming vibe. This place is ideal for you to get those drone shots never before and explore your photography skills. And when I say calming vibe, I mean it; if you are here to party, then rethink as most of the south Goa will not offer this like the way north Goa does.
If you need a place to stay, this beach offers fantastic accommodation with a beautiful sea view. You would love the restaurants and the yum, healthy and wholesome food here as well. Yes, you might find a lot of yoga retreats here as well.
5. Betalbatim Beach
Okay, If you do not want to see people even at a far distance, you must visit this place as it is the most petite crowded beach. The golden sand and the calm breeze would make your evening walks much more special. People do not know that this beach also glows in the dark due to a natural phenomenon known as Bio-luminescence. When the tides hit the shore, they secret a light-emitting pigment which causes the blueish glow at night. If you want to experience this summer months are the best..
6. Butterfly Beach
This beach is around 8 km away from Palolem and 70km away, far from Panaji. You can even call it a mini-island or even a private beach, and that is because you can count the number of people around you. To reach this beach, you can hire a boat from Palolem or Patnem beach, and if you are on a budget and would like to save some bucks, split the expense and share it with another group or if you are in a group, it’s the best way to experience this boat ride.
- Not every beach in India is clean, but in goa beach, you can mostly expect plastic-free and less garbage lying around the beach; as far as I have noticed, I’ve come across dustbins every few steps at the beaches think it is a great initiative. So, what you hear and see here are two different things. To conclude, Goa beaches are my clean.
- According to the most common myth, it is not just a place where rave parties happen and non-stop clubbing. Every individual has their own choice, and I guess you need to plan your trip accordingly.
- Food and beverage costs might differ, and that depends on where you have decided to dine.
- I highly recommend you visit the south side of Goa for a less noisy and relaxing vacation.
- Must taste the famous sweet dish Bebinca.
The overall impact this state leaves on you would be to come back again and visit again because you will surely fall in love with everything about this place. I have seen it in my very own friends’ circle who has been to Goa more than two times at least. You would spot many tourists who have flown down from different countries and now imagine the hype.
I hope my Goa Travel Blog helps you with your trips; let me know about the places you have visited in Goa or want to in the comments. 😊